Sun® Server Support
Despite the Oracle acquisition, Sun servers continue to play an important role at the heart of many organisations. But as their Sun Enterprise, SunFire and E10K servers get older, Oracle are generally unwilling to provide extended support. Sun owners come under increasing pressure to upgrade their servers to a newer, Oracle-badged alternative.
But where Sun servers perform adequately, or where line of business applications are tied to the SPARC architecture, upgrades are not an option. Should Sun/Oracle withdraw support, Enterprise Server owners could run into problems.
As a credible provider of proven third party Sun support and maintenance services, CDS offers another option. Our team of OEM-trained Level 3 engineers can deliver local and remote support to keep your servers running efficiently.
As a vendor agnostic provider of enterprise-class support and maintenance services, CDS can provide advice and guidance on your Sun servers, as well as hardware from other OEMs.
When you partner with CDS for Sun Server maintenance, you can expect to receive:
- 7x24 support from our team of highly qualified and experienced Level 3 engineers who will take ownership of each issue and see it through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Guaranteed Sun-approved spares for all your post warranty servers. Thanks to our global distribution network, we can have any spare part delivered to your data center in as little as 2 hours (subject to SLAs and contract terms).
- Proactive monitoring and preventative maintenance ensure that potential hardware issues are identified and resolved quickly, before server performance or availability is affected.
- Prolonged lifespan of your Sun server assets, providing increased return on investment, and lower total cost of ownership. You can also escape the regular Oracle refresh cycle, giving you back control of your data center.
- Reduced operating costs as CDS Sun server support contracts are typically 30%-50% lower than those offered by Oracle.
As a vendor agnostic provider of enterprise-class support and maintenance services, CDS can provide advice and guidance on your Sun servers, as well as hardware from other OEMs. We can also help your business build a best-of-breed environment combining your post warranty Sun servers with other assets to deliver a future-ready platform on which to build.
GDPR Compliance May Be About To Become Even Harder
Why Local Storage Will Never Truly Die
How a Sun® Maintenance Disaster Formed the Basis for a Long Term Post-Warranty Partnership
Defining the Storage Strategy for Enterprise Data. Is Cloud really the answer?