NetApp FAS Series® Storage Maintenance
Designed to be fast, flexible and scalable, NetApp FAS filers are an integral part of many ONTAP deployments.
But as these systems reach end of service life, the CTO faces a difficult decision, follow the official NetApp upgrade cycle and purchase a new fabric-attached storage filer, or seek third party assistance.
Leaving OEM support can be stressful. Many CTOs will be concerned about a potential reduction in the quality of support received, or availability of spares. Fortunately, CDS has both these issues covered.
With a multi-million dollar global spares inventory, CDS can further extend the lifespan of your FAS storage filers by providing NetApp certified spares.
Third party support and maintenance for your NetApp FAS systems provides complete piece of mind with:
- Industry leading response times. Our Level 3 engineers are available 7x24 to assist with urgent technical issues.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance to identify and resolve potential technical issues before your operations are impacted.
- A multi-million dollar global supply chain that delivers spares for all NetApp FAS systems to site in as little as four hours.
- Fully OEM-trained engineers who solve problems and share best practice knowledge with your in-house support team.
- Support for hardware and Data ONTAP operating system issues in both network storage appliance and SAN deployment scenarios.
- Assistance with SnapMirror, SnapMirror and SnapLock configuration management.
By choosing third party maintenance and support, CDS can extend the usable lifespan of your NetApp FAS SAN/network attached storage by a further three to five years or more. Which means that you increase your return on investment, and reduce the total cost of ownership. And with maintenance contracts typically 30-50% less than those from NetApp direct, you save even more money in the process.
With a multi-million dollar global spares inventory, CDS can further extend the lifespan of your FAS storage filers by providing NetApp certified spares. From additional disk drives, to FCoE network adapters, CDS has every part for every supported system. So you can grow your network, instead of replacing it.
CDS is completely vendor agnostic (we provide post warranty support for a range of vendors), giving you even more choices moving forward. Our consultants can help you manage the transition away from NetApp ONTAP storage infrastructure, or help you build a best-of-breed future-ready platform using equipment from multiple vendors.
Will your next hardware upgrade have to be delayed?
The death of the corporate data center?…or not!
A Data Center Reality Check Webinar from CDS
Download: Defining the Storage Strategy for Enterprise Data