Keep your EOSL hardware
running for longer.
EOSL - Four letters that don't mean what your OEM told you
EOSL – four of the most frustrating (or terrifying) letters in the IT industry. End of Service Life is the point at which your OEM withdraws support for older hardware. This means no more updates, patches or assistance.
Your natural response will be to retire EOSL hardware, upgrading to the latest version as recommended by the OEM. Those four letters, EOSL, suddenly become very expensive. You have to pay for the new hardware and a new maintenance contract with its 20% annual increase clause.
But there is a better way.
Third party support for your older storage
EOSL may mean that your OEM will no longer provide support, but your storage will continue to run virtually indefinitely. Instead you can partner with CDS - we will provide:
- 7x24x365 support – we’re always available to maximize uptime.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance to identify and fix issues before they affect business operations.
- Guaranteed access to original spare parts for all your EOSL systems – available for delivery on-site in as little as 4 hours.
- A choice of SLAs to meet the specific needs of your business, from next business day, to 4 hours on-site, or less!
- Expansion options – use our OEM spare parts to fully populate arrays and complete low-cost upgrades.
- Interim support – our flexible contract terms provide support coverage for EOSL systems until you do eventually decide to replace them.
Increasing your return on investment
When your OEM defines limited lifespans for your storage hardware, they also limit the potential return on your investment. CDS helps to unlock additional returns by allowing you to keep EOSL arrays and systems in place for many years to come.
That’s years during which you can avoid costly upgrades, using those savings for investment in other strategic projects. And because CDS maintenance contract costs are 30-50% lower than the OEM equivalent, you save even more.
Our OEM-trained engineers will keep your EOSL equipment running for as long as it continues to meet your business needs.
EOSL does not mean end of life.
EOSL third party storage maintenance – the CDS difference
Just because your choices are more limited, there’s no reason to accept anything less than the highest quality service when dealing with EOSL hardware. CDS maintenance services offer no compromise over the OEM equivalent, so you can expect:
- Direct access to Level 3 engineers cuts out the usual escalation processes and minimizes time to fix.
- A named contact who will oversee each support case through to conclusion.
- Instant hardware replacement authorization means that you never have to wait for approval of spare parts.
- Industry beating call response times – technical support calls to the CDS operations center are answered and resolved promptly.
Support from CDS helps your business cut through the EOSL pitfalls circulated by your OEM – and realize significant benefits in the process.