Senior Technical Engineer
Job Title: Senior Technical Engineer
Business Unit: Technical
Reports To: Director of Support Services
Business/Work Location: 106-3780 14th Avenue, Markham, ON, L3R 9Y5
Technical Engineer will help deliver customer support, services and solutions that give our customers a competitive advantage whilst maximizing profits for CDS and ensuring optimum customer service satisfaction.
The position involves professional level Maintenance and Installation activities related to a
specialized area of system/network administration and Storage Systems.
- Provide Maintenance and Installation Services, alongside the CDS Storage and Engineering teams, to support various IT Servers and Storage Products from EMC, NETAPP and IBM.
- Provide On-Call, On-Site and Remote Support for all EMC Symmetrix, DMX 2000/3000/3/4, VMAXe, VMAX, VNX, VMWare, AVAMAR, Clariion EDL, Celerra, Centera, Data Domain, VPLEX, Isilon, Recover Point, Netapp FAS series, and Connectrix models, SAN/NAS Administration, as well as McData, Cisco and Brocade directors and switches.
- Provide On-Call, On-Site and Remote Support for IBM Squadrons, Disk Storage 8000 & 4000, XSeries BladeCenter, NSeries, AS400, 2105/ESS, RS6000 SP2, RS6000 SP2000, 3494 Virtual TapeServer, 3494/3590 Tape Library Server, CPU Mainframe HW, and IBM PC and Servers.
- Provide On-site support if needed for IBM 3900/4000 Laser printers and ROLL systems.
- Diagnosis of hardware and software components related to devices listed.
- Determination of appropriate recovery or replacement methods.
- Assist with customer requests/needs as necessary
- Installation and Configuration of EMC Symmetrix VMAX, VMAXE, DMX, Celerra, Centerra, Clariion, Data Domain, VNX, VPLEX, Isilon, Recover Point, and Connectrix/ McData, Cisco/Brocade directors and switches as per the needs of the Business.
- Work on issues including Data Structure, Algorithms like LRU, and Tag based Cache. Data protection and recovery algorithms including Mirrors/Raid S/Raid 5/ DeDup/ Snapshot, etc. Work on issues related to Time Finder, BCVs, and RDFs on Open systems and Mainframes. Work on Fixed Block Architecture and CKD architecture.
- Provide support to customers to save the integrity and consistency of the Data on the storage servers.
- Establish and maintain the Storage lab environment at CDS and work with other teams to develop solutions for issues in the Customer Storage Environment.
- Learn and apply many different Data Recovery methods in live SAN and NAS environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer engineering, electrical or electronics engineering, computer science or related field.
- Must have the following certifications:
- EMC Platform Engineer VNX Specialist
- IBM Certified Specialist
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of EMC technical experience and/or related industry experience with EMC
- customer support is required
- Extensive knowledge of OS Linux, VMWare and AIX is required.
- Must be able to participate in on-call, rotating shifts including overnights
- May work remotely, occasional travel may be required.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational skills
- Possess operational command of the business
- Ability to analyze information, draw accurate conclusions and provide detailed resolution action plans
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range: $80,000 to $90,000 CAD annually
- Full time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability, pension plan
How To Apply
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com