NetApp Technical Specialist
Job Title: NetApp Technical Specialist
Business Unit: Operations
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Based At / Location: Home Based & Office Based
NetApp Technical Specialist will help deliver customer support, services and solutions that give our customers a competitive advantage whilst maximizing profits for CDS and ensuring optimum customer service satisfaction.
The basic functions of NETAPP Technical Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support for all NETAPP related service requests.
- Ensure the smooth functioning, repairing and problem resolution within contractual obligations of the customer base either remotely or through the field engineers/technicians.
- Ensure required levels of spare parts are on-site at customer locations.
- Ensure required levels of service response are maintained for all customers.
- Schedule and conduct field audits of customer platforms; prepare and present to customer representatives findings and recommendations.
- Keep current on events in the industry and related technologies; evaluate emerging changes for impact on CDS and share findings with CDS management and technical staff.
- Support attainment of CDS sales and profit goals by:
- Establishing technical credibility with prospective customers
- Providing technical liaison for sales to assure shared understanding in the technical and delivery requirements
- Responding to requests for quotes and other information requests.
- Build inter-company operating and technical procedures enabling support of NETAPP products.
- Perform other duties and tasks as may be directed by the NETAPP service delivery manager
Accredited in Microsoft products and a working knowledge of Great Plains.
Associates degree or greater from a college or IT affiliated school.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years industry related experience. It is preferred the candidate have NETAPP technical experience exceeding ten (10) years and/or related industry experience with NETAPP customer support.
Knowledge / Skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- The ability to understand customer needs and translate those needs into better call resolution
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret NETAPP logs and error messages.
- Good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with customers, colleagues and executive management.
- Ability to create and deliver effective and professional technical presentations, Call reports, and business proposals.
- Strong analytical skills, judgment and decision making abilities. Maintain poise in high stakes situations.
- Experienced professional, technical expertise with NETAPP hardware and software
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office® and other desktop applications
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.